A mainstay in the brand’s legacy of excellence, the K series range of petrol engines by Maruti Suzuki powers some of the best petrol cars in India. Now, with the BS6 norms in place, K-Series engines are an integral part of the entire Maruti Suzuki line-up of BS6 cars in India.
These engines utilise innovative design techniques in order to optimise engine performance, realising the true spirit of this global design trend. At present, the K series petrol engine by Maruti Suzuki is available in four different displacements, the K10B, K12M, K12N and the K15B engines. The K12N engine which comes with Smart Hybrid technology in the Baleno and Idle Start-Stop in the Dzire delivers enhanced fuel efficiency. As for the K15B engine, the automatic variants of Ciaz, Ertiga, Vitara Brezza and XL6 are available with the Smart Hybrid technology on board.
There are several features that make K series engines powerful, advanced and well-renowned for their Reliability, Efficiency, and Value.
Engineered For Enhanced Reliability
Extensive testing is undertaken to ensure the K series engine delivers the best performance, while also providing durability and reliability.
• Nearly 6.3 million K-series engines have been rolled out and are available in different models within the Maruti Suzuki line-up
• The K-series range of gasoline engines is time-tested and proven
• K-series engines have gone through rigorous testing for lakhs of kilometres
Delivers Superior and Efficient Performance
Here is what makes Maruti Suzuki K series petrol engines the best in their segment:
• K series engines employ one of the most refined technologies for gasoline engines, which ensure not only superior performance but also the best-in-class fuel efficiency. In fact, many Maruti Suzuki cars with K-series engines lead their respective segments as the best mileage petrol cars in India.
• K-Series engines offer improved engine stiffness, and with technologies like a silent timing chain, they provide improved NVH (Noise, Vibration & Harshness) characteristics that enhance the driving experience.
• The engine comes with a Smart Distributor-Less Ignition (SDLI) system that has dedicated plug top coils as well as advanced injectors that allow for superior atomisation. This ensures uniform and optimised combustion, and in turn, consistent performance.
Powering Maruti Suzuki’s BS6 cars in India, the K-series line-up of petrol engines set the benchmark in terms of refinement and superior driving performance.
Value for Money with the Best-in-Class Fuel Efficiency
The innovation of engineering makes K series engines peppy and frugal at the same time:
• K-Series engines are all-aluminium engines with rocker-less DOHC Cam shafts and plastic intake manifold & offset crank shaft with low tension rings to reduce losses. This, in turn, improves fuel efficiency.
• These engines come with increased compression ratio and enhanced thermal efficiency, which results in the efficient conversion of fuel energy.
• The use of advance low friction oils in these petrol engines also contributes to enhanced fuel efficiency.
• The next-gen K series engines are equipped with dual injectors and dual VVT, have a higher compression ratio and cooled EGR which not only enhances the fuel efficiency and performance but also reduces vehicular emissions.
It is often said that the engine is at the heart of what a car feels like to drive. Maruti Suzuki’s K-Series range of engines is a testament to this belief: ever-evolving, setting new benchmarks, and delivering exhilarating driving experiences along the way!
The article is for reference purpose only