Maruti Suzuki Celerio crosses the 100,000 sales mark
Jul 09, 2015
Maruti Suzuki Celerio crosses the 100,000 sales mark Auto Gear Shift and multiple fuel options
Maruti Suzuki India Limited’s bestseller
Celerio clocks sale of over 100,000 units.
Launched at Delhi Auto Expo 2014, Celerio is credited with introducing Auto Gear
Shift Technology in the Indian automobile industry.
By offering the convenience of automatic transmission at an affordable cost and
with fuel efficiency at par with manual transmission, Celerio has delighted customers
by fulfilling a latent need. Sensing the customer need, Maruti Suzuki introduced
the Celerio Diesel in June 2015.
Celebrating the landmark, Mr. RS Kalsi, Executive Director, Marketing and Sales,
Maruti Suzuki India Limited said, “We thank customers for their support to brand
Celerio. Celerio is the first car in India to introduce the acclaimed Auto Gear
Shift technology and almost one third of the sales are of the Auto Gear Shift variants.
Customers appreciated the convenience of automatic gear shifting with no loss in
fuel efficiency on Celerio and within a year of its launch Maruti Suzuki’s share
in the lower hatchback has shot up to 71% from 61%.”
Launched in February 2014
First car to offer convenience of Auto Gear Shift
Petrol, CNG & diesel fuel options
Increased Maruti Suzuki’s share in lower hatchback segment by 10% within one year
Celerio Diesel launched in June 2015
Celerio is the only car to be available in petrol, CNG and diesel fuel options and
offer two transmission options (Manual and Auto Gear Shift).
Celerio is one of Maruti Suzuki’s top selling models and among the top 10 selling
cars in India.
• EZ DRIVE: The breakthrough EZ Drive technology with the revolutionary Auto
Gear Shift and all new manual transmission. The all new manual transmission of the
Celerio is developed to offer a peppy drive.
• EZ PERFORMANCE: The Celerio Diesel is India’s most fuel efficient car and promises
EZ Performance with a high torque per cc. Celerio diesel also delivers a smooth
• EZ TECHNOLOGY: K-Next petrol engine with Drive-by-Wire, New generation super compact DDiS 125 all aluminium diesel engine, All new manual transmission
• EZ SPACE: TXpanDesign, Roomy cabin, Spacious headroom, legroom and shoulder-room, Large boot space and 15 smart utility spaces
• EZ GIZMOS: Stereo with Bluetooth connectivity, Steering mounted audio controls, Multi-info display, User-friendly customizable security settings
• EZ STYLE: CICO (Curve In Curve Out) Styling, Sweeping wave dashboard design.