• 1st BS VI compliant model from Maruti Suzuki
• New 1.2 litre DUALJET, DUAL VVT BS VI petrol engine with next generation Smart Hybrid
• Existing 1.2L VVT petrol engine variants will also be BS VI compliant
• Next Gen Smart Hybrid Technology with Li-ion battery provides improved Fuel-Economy
New Delhi : Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch new 1.2 litre DUALJET, DUAL VVT BS VI engine with next generation Smart Hybrid technology in Baleno, India’s best-selling premium hatchback. The new BS VI compliant Baleno (Petrol) with Smart Hybrid will soon be available at NEXA showrooms across the country. The technological advancement leads to improved fuel efficiency while reducing vehicular emissions. Existing 1.2L VVT petrol engine variants will also be BS VI compliant and available in all variants including CVT.
Introducing the BS VI compliant Baleno with Smart Hybrid, Mr. R S Kalsi, Senior Executive Director, Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India, said “Baleno has been a blockbuster car from day one. We have over 5.5 lakh happy Baleno customers since its launch in 2015 and sold more than 2 lakh units in the last fiscal year. We recently upgraded Baleno with latest design and technology. At Maruti Suzuki, we strive to bring newer, better and environment friendly technologies to our products. Baleno Smart Hybrid with BS VI stands testament to the same. We are confident that the premium hatchback Baleno will present a complete package in line with aspirations of evolving customers.”
New 1.2L DUALJET, DUAL VVT BS VI Engine offers:
- Improved Combustion Efficiency & Reduced Friction
- Class leading Fuel-Economy of 23.87 km/l
Baleno is India’s first premium hatchback to be offered with Smart Hybrid technology. The Lithium-ion battery is compact & designed for long service life. The updated powertrain with Smart Hybrid technology will continue to excite discerning Baleno customers.
Progressive Smart Hybrid Technology with Lithium ion battery
- Torque assist function: The energy stored in the lithium ion battery assists during acceleration delivering optimal acceleration and performance without compromising on fuel efficiency.
- Idle start stop function:The engine automatically stops when idle and silently starts when the optimal conditions are met. This helps in increasing Fuel- Efficiency.
- Brake energy regeneration function: When the vehicle decelerates, the Smart Hybrid technology intelligently charges the batteries which in turn assist the engine’s idle start stop and the torque assist functions.
The BS VI compliant petrol vehicles will lead to a substantial reduction of nearly 25% in Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) emissions. BS VI norms also enforce stringent limit on Non-Methane Hydrocarbons (NMHC) emissions. The BS VI norms ensure a substantial increase in the durability of exhaust after-treatment system.
In order to achieve this stringent emission regulation requirement, company has upgraded both engine hardware & software along with exhaust system. The Engine control software has been upgraded for more precise fuel injection control using various on-board sensors to ensure cleaner and durable emission control.
Since its launch, Baleno has enjoyed unparalleled leadership in its segment, setting new standards in design, safety, and innovation. With a staggering 11% growth in 2018-19 and market share of over 27% in the A2+ segment, Baleno is among the best-selling cars in India. The car has won the hearts of both customers and auto experts. A fact evident in the number of awards Baleno has won.
The Smart Hybrid technology with Li-ion battery will be offered in two variants of Baleno : Zeta & Delta 1.2 litre DUALJET DUAL VVT.
|New Baleno Ex-showroom price (Delhi) in Rs. Lakh
||Baleno 1.2 VVT BS VI
||Baleno 1.2 DUALJET DUAL VVT
Smart Hybrid BS VI
Maruti Suzuki India Limited,
1, Nelson Mandela Road,
Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
Ph: 91-11- 4678 1000