· Revolutionary New Engine: All-new 1.5 litre K15 Petrol Engine for
enhanced performance. (13% more power & 6% more torque)
· Advanced Smart Hybrid Technology with Lithium-ion battery: In Petrol
variants. Segment first. Standard across variants.
· Dynamic new front Design: LED projector headlamps with DRLs and LED front fog
lamps create a brilliant all-white signature. Elegant Front Bumper & sleek front Grille. LED rear
· Safe and Secure : High speed warning alert, Reverse parking sensors, Driver and
Passenger seat belt reminder alert, ISOFIX child seat restraint system, Dual airbags, ABS with EBD are standard.
Electronic stability program (ESP) with ‘hill hold’ function comes standard in Automatic variants.
· Advanced Features: Next generation features like Cruise Control, Auto
headlamp and Auto headlamp leveling for convenience and customer delight.
Bangalore: Maruti Suzuki India Limited today launched its premium sedan Ciaz, in a brand new
avatar. The New Ciaz is now offered with the revolutionary new 1.5 litre K15 petrol engine. The next generation
smart hybrid with Lithium-ion battery makes its maiden appearance in the New Ciaz.
The New Ciaz is engineered to offer class-leading comfort, impactful exteriors, elite interiors, unmatched
performance along with an array of safety and convenience features.
Presenting the New Ciaz to customers, Mr. Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti
Suzuki said, “At Maruti Suzuki, we always strive to bring newer, advanced and greener
technologies in India. The New Ciaz, powered by K15 Smart Hybrid gasoline engine, is testament of the same.
Ciaz is the first car in India to be powered by next generation Smart Hybrid technology with Lithium-ion
battery. Over the past four years, Ciaz has redefined the sedan segment with its class leading space, design
and sophistication. With fresh changes, we are confident that the New Ciaz will present a complete package
in line with aspirations of evolving customers.”
Advanced Powertrain with Progressive Next Generation
The new K15 Engine continues to deliver best in class fuel efficiency and enhanced performance to Ciaz
As India’s first Smart Hybrid Vehicle, Ciaz continues to build a legacy of innovation. The new
Lithium-ion battery is Compact, designed for longer service life and contributes to improved fuel
The acclaimed 1.3 litre DDiS Smart Hybrid diesel engine option will continue to excite discerning Ciaz
New Ciaz delivers class leading fuel efficiency of 21.56 Km/l in manual petrol variants and 28.09Km/l in
Performance Inspired Powertrain
o New K15 petrol engine with higher torque and power output
· Power: 77kW@6000 rpm (up by 13%)
· Torque: 138Nm@4400 rpm (up by 6%)
o Increased engine efficiency contributing to enhanced Fuel Efficiency and performance
Next Generation Smart Hybrid System
o New generation Dual battery system with the following features
· Idle Start Stop
· Torque Assist Function
· Brake Energy Regeneration
New Ciaz comes with aggressive road presence with new impactful exterior features:
- Sharp Front Fascia with new Grille & Bumper
- Sleek & Contemporary LED Projector Auto headlamps with DRLs (Segment first)
- LED Fog Lamps and chrome Garnish
- Rear LED Combination Lamps
- Elegant Chrome Bezels on front & rear fascia
- 16-inch precision cut alloy wheels in dual tone Metallic Pebble Grey Finish
With core focus on convenience and luxury, the interiors accentuate premium position of New Ciaz with
- New Birch blonde wood grain accents with sophisticated low gloss finish
- Satin chrome highlights on dashboard & door trims
- New 4.2” Multi information colored TFT display
- Eco illumination in speedometer which dynamically changes color based on the driving pattern.
Launched in 2014, Ciaz became the most popular mid-size premium sedan under A3 segment. Maintaining its
leadership in the segment, Ciaz has sold over 2,20,000 units since launch.
Retailed through the NEXA network, Ciaz has set a benchmark for customers in the mid-sized premium sedan
market. The top end (Alpha) variant of Ciaz contributes a phenomenal 41% of its total sales.
Click on New Ciaz Images
for high-resolution images of the new Ciaz