Better thinking. Better processes. Better technologies. More sensitivity. It's what helps us create better cars and of course, a better way of life.
Big ideas that make a difference to your life. They're what power the Maruti Suzuki philosophy of cars for a ‘Big Future’. It's the cornerstone of all that we do, be it a more aerodynamic shell for a concept car, or a better way to recycle wastewater at our plants. It's what drives the R&D efforts of our team of over 1000 engineers and service quality across all Maruti Suzuki dealers and service centers in India. Today, working shoulder to shoulder with Team Suzuki, our R&D team has added many achievements to its portfolio:
- 36 new and refreshed Maruti Suzuki models launched in India in the last six years
- Created a superior Maruti Suzuki Swift, already one of India's most loved cars. The new avatar of Maruti Suzuki Swift was mounted on a new platform with new features and offering superior fuel efficiency.
- Some of the most fuel efficient petrol cars in India come with the Maruti Suzuki badge. Even better, their efficiency seems to further improve with a face-lift every few years
- Breathtaking concepts like the Concept A-Star, Concept r III and the latest, Concept XA Alpha and many more upcoming Maruti Suzuki models
- Launch of factory-fitted CNG variants for five models. These Maruti Suzuki cars use the state-of-the-art i-GPi technology.
- Almost all of Maruti Suzuki’s small cars, sedans, and hatchback comply with ELV norms of Europe, which means they are free from any hazardous material, and can be fully recycled.
But all this is already done. We're looking at the road ahead. With a view to enhance our capabilities, we are setting up a state-of-the-art R&D centre in Rohtak, Haryana at an investment of Rs. 2000 crore. Spread over an area of 600 acres, this R&D center will be equipped to churn out not just high mileage petrol cars, but test tracks and labs among many other advanced facilities that will be operational by 2015.