• Invites applications for driver training at IDTR, Bahadurgarh and IDTR, Rohtak
• Intensive 21-day training schedule including theory, simulator and practical classes
• Focused sessions on safe driving practices and good road behavior
• Driving skill will improve employability for the candidates
• Funded by Haryana Skill Development Mission (HSDM)
• Haryana Government will bear the cost of obtaining driving license
• IDTRs will also assist the candidates to apply for Passport to make them more employable
Gurugram/ Rohtak/ Bahadurgarh : With an objective to make India's youth employable, Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) has undertaken a new initiative to train drivers under the Haryana Skill Development Mission (HSDM). In the current year 2019-20 this program jointly initiated with Government of Haryana will cover 800 candidates. Training will be conducted at Maruti Suzuki operated Institute of Driving & Traffic Research (IDTR) at Bahadurgarh and at Rohtak. They are a joint venture between Haryana Transport Department and Maruti Suzuki India Limited.
Maruti Suzuki’s association with Haryana Skill Development Mission is targeted to create a pool of better vehicle drivers and make the roads safer in the state.
Importantly, the project for driver training of light motor vehicles also aims to impart good driving behaviour. The candidates would be provided the opportunity to understand various aspects of driving-fatigue and stress management, developing the right attitude, controlling road rage and sensitive situations, respect for other road users and preventive maintenance of vehicles.
Mr. Ajay Kumar Tomer, Executive Advisor, CSR, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, “Maruti Suzuki’s collaboration with Haryana Government is to make the Haryana local youth employable with good driving skills. The candidates will under-go a comprehensive training module, which will include training on driving as well as good driving behavior. This skill training and behavioral change is important to make our roads safer.”
Mr. Raj Nehru, Mission Director-Haryana Skill Development Mission, Government of Haryana said
, “We are extremely glad to be working together with Maruti Suzuki to impart LMV (Light Motor Vehicle) driving training to the youth through the IDTRs. Through the skill development training, youth can access skilled employment opportunities and set up self-employment ventures to help them attain a sustainable livelihood and better quality of life.”
India is at the cusp of growth and technological description in the transportation sector has resulted into a big demand for professionally skilled drivers who can facilitate app based transportation services. There is a huge potential for providing latest driving and professional with digital skills to Haryana youth to enhance their employability and level school.
With this partnership of HSDM and IDTR, approximately 800 youths will be skilled in first phase.
Salient features of the training:
• Maruti Suzuki’s IDTRs at Bahadurgarh and IDTR Rohtak will train 400 candidates each.
• The training will be organized immediately and will be completed by March 2020.
• The cost of training these 800 candidates will be borne by Haryana Skill Development Mission.
• Also, the Haryana Government will bear the cost of obtaining driving license for these trainees.
• The IDTRs will also assist the candidates to apply for passport to make them more employable.
Maruti Suzuki operates 2 IDTRs in Haryana, at Rohtak & Bahadurgarh. These institutes have trained over 4.5 lakh candidates since its start in 2010.
Both the IDTRs are state-of-the-art training facilities equipped with modern and latest technologies to impart driving training and also educate them on road etiquettes. Maruti Suzuki has been imparting driver training since 2000 and currently operates 7 IDTRs and 480 Maruti Driving Schools (MDS) across the country. Over the years Maruti Suzuki has trained more than 50 lakh drivers in safe driving through these institutes.
Maruti Suzuki India Limited,
1, Nelson Mandela Road,
Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
Ph: 91-11-4678 1000