- All New K15 Petrol engine with Progressive Smart Hybrid Technology with Lithium ion battery
- High on performance with 13 % more power, 6 % increase in torque and up to 10 % more fuel efficient
- Best-in-class fuel efficiency: Diesel: 25.47 km/l ; Petrol: 19.34 km/l (MT) 18.69 km/l (AT)
- High on Safety and rigidity with Suzuki’s 5th Generation Heartect Platform
- Attractive Exteriors with Chrome Studded Front Grille, Aerodynamic Floating Roof, Projector Headlamps
- Plush Interiors, Sculpted Dual Tone Dashboard with Wooden Finish and Leather Wrapped Steering
- Spacious & flexible interiors; Increase in dimensions: 40 mm wider, 5 mm taller and 99 mm longer
- Reclining mechanism even in the 3rd row; One-touch fold and slide system for easy access to 3rd row
New Delhi: In its latest drive to enrich the lifestyle of the ever evolving young Indian customers, Maruti Suzuki India today launched the stylish next gen Ertiga. It comes with aspirational exterior design and plush dual tone interiors.
A new K15 Petrol engine now powers the next gen Ertiga with 13% more power and 6% improved torque output. Complementing the new engine is the Progressive Smart Hybrid technology with a Lithium ion battery, which offers best-in-class fuel efficiency. The latest offering from Maruti Suzuki is conceptualised on Suzuki’s acclaimed 5th generation Heartect platform. Built afresh, it uses high tensile steel that ensures stronger, safer and sturdier structure with effective absorption and dispersion of crash energy. The next gen Ertiga is compliant for frontal offset impact, side impact and pedestrian protection regulations.
The next gen Ertiga depicts: Move together in style. It fits into the lifestyle of young and dynamic buyers who are social who love going out and doing activities with their social group. The next gen Ertiga finds its customers, who are aspiring, driven by brand value, seek comfort and love togetherness with friends and family.
Maruti Suzuki and suppliers have invested over Rs 900 crores towards development of the next gen Ertiga.
Presenting the next gen Ertiga, Mr. Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki India said, “We are delighted to offer, yet again, a vehicle that re-defines style, space, safety and comfort. The next gen Ertiga has been designed with thoughtful features and great attention to detail, keeping in mind the requirements of our ever evolving customers. The latest avatar successfully combines the revolutionary technology and premiumness that Maruti Suzuki promises to its customers.”
Launched in April 2012, Ertiga created an all new life utility segment. It has clocked cumulative sales of almost 4.2 lakh units since launch.
The next gen Ertiga is high on safety. It is equipped with safety features such as dual airbags, high speed warning alert, front seat belt with pre-tensioners and force limiters, ISOFIX child seat anchorages, ABS with EBD and brake assist and reverse parking sensors as standard fitment across all variants.
#NextGenErtiga: Progressive Smart Hybrid Technology with Lithium ion battery
- Torque assist function: The energy stored in the lithium ion battery assists during acceleration. This reduces the stress on the engine while delivering optimal acceleration and performance without compromising on fuel efficiency.
- Idle stop start function: The engine automatically stops when idle and silently starts when the optimal conditions are met in manual and automatic transmissions. This helps in increasing fuel efficiency.
- Brake energy regeneration function: When the vehicle decelerates, the smart hybrid technology intelligently charges the batteries which in turn assist the engine’s idle start stop and the torque assist functions.
As India’s first urban MPV, Ertiga continues to build a legacy of innovation. Maruti Suzuki’s evolutionary design sensibilities and technology capabilities are taken to the next level with the next gen Ertiga. The luxurious dual tone interiors feature a sculpted dashboard with maple wood finish and chrome accents, offering a high level of craftsmanship. The leather wrapped flat bottom steering wheel with easy access controls adds convenience with style.
Comfort and convenience are truly at their best in the next gen Ertiga with more legroom and shoulder room and a flexible luggage area offering more space. With enhanced seating comfort, the car is a perfect combination of style and utility. The roomier third row seats are extremely versatile with 50:50 split and fold and recline function. While the second row seat now comes with one touch fold and slide mechanism that makes easy access to third row.
The next-gen Ertiga is also loaded with intelligent utility features such as air-cooled cup holders, bottle holders and accessory socket in each row, further proof that Maruti Suzuki always endeavours to offer more relevant technologies to its customers.
In addition, Multi Information Display provides vehicle’s vital information on the hi-definition coloured thin-film-transistor (TFT) screen that displays a multitude of information including average fuel consumption, a trip meter, driving range, gear shift indicator, power, torque and doors open display, clock, idle stop time etc. Smart Play infotainment system with a 17.8 cm touch display is enabled with AppleCarPlay™, Android Auto™ and Mirror Link™ for seamless connectivity. The next-gen Ertiga will enable to “move together in style”.
Click here for hi-resolution images of #NextGenErtiga:
Maruti Suzuki India Limited,
1, Nelson Mandela Road,
Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
Ph: 91-11-4678 1000
Twitter: @MSArenaOfficial #NextGenErtiga