Ahmedabad: The country’s largest passenger vehicle maker, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, today launched its first Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV): Super Carry. Super Carry was unveiled by Mr RS Kalsi, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Mr T Hashimoto, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales) and Mr CV Raman, Executive Director (Engineering), Maruti Suzuki India, at an exclusive ceremony held in the city.
Equipped with a powerful 793 cc diesel engine Maruti Suzuki Super Carry delivers a mileage of 22.07 Km per litre. It comes with a superior loading capacity of 740 kgs and a loading deck of 3.25 Sq. meter.
Launching the Super Carry, Mr RS Kalsi, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki said, “With Super Carry we target to fulfil the business needs of our customers. Super Carry is a robust load carrying vehicle that is made for carrying large loads yet offers high fuel efficiency. Our robust service network brings a huge assurance to the customers.”
He added, “Maruti Suzuki has changed the way India drives; similarly Super Carry will bring in a revolution in the LCV segment. Our target is to reach out to more customers, for this we plan to set up 50 showrooms across five states.”
Mr. CV Raman, Executive Director (Engineering) said, “Super Carry is a result of our extensive research of the Light Commercial Vehicle market. It addresses the need for power, stability, ride & handling and fuel efficiency. With shorter turnaround time, more trips and more savings Super Carry is an ideal product for the LCV customer.”
With Super Carry, Maruti Suzuki and SMC jointly bring the advantages of its R&D expertise and technology prowess to the LCV segment, the way it is offered in passenger vehicle segment.
Maruti Suzuki has invested about Rs. 300 Crores towards the development of Super Carry for the Indian market.
Maruti Suzuki has established a new commercial sales channel for the Super Carry. Super Carry is available in two widely preferred colours: Superior White and Silky Silver.
Maruti Suzuki Super Carry is available at a price of Rs. 4,03,000/- (ex-showroom, Ahmedabad).
Key Highlights of Super Carry
- Powerful engine: New technology 793 cc turbocharged diesel engine delivering a peak torque of 75nm @ 2000 rpm. 5-speed manual transmission
- High fuel efficiency: 22.07 kmpl
- Superior loading capacity: Loading area of 3.25 Sq m with a payload of 740 kgs
- Better ride & handling: Lighter steering, smooth gear shift and 4.3 m minimum turning radius
- Better safety and stability: Chassis built using rust resistant galvanised steel, front disc-brakes, LSPV braking system for effective braking based on load condition, bigger ORVMs
- Enhanced comfort: Spacious cabin, flat comfortable seats with thick glass fibre heat shield for better heat insulation and ergonomically designed pedal for long
Click for high-rez images of Super Carry
Maruti Suzuki India Limited,
1, Nelson Mandela Road,
Vasant Kunj, New Delhi