New Delhi February 23, 2014: Car market leader Maruti Suzuki unveiled the refreshed edition of its bestseller DZire with over 13 per cent improved fuel efficiency here today. Aggressively priced at Rs. 507,800 onwards, the new DZire sports contemporary styling, superior comfort & convenience features and enhanced fuel efficiency. Besides, the new DZire is being introduced in four new body colours and will be available in both, Petrol and Diesel fuel options.
Industry's best in FE: Pegged as India's most fuel efficient car the new DZire returns a mileage of 26.59 kmpl* on diesel, up by around. 13%. The petrol trim comes with a fuel efficiency improvement of over 9% with a certified fuel efficiency of 20.85 kmpl*. (* as certified by Test Agency under Rule 115 of CMVR 1989).
New Looks: In the looks department, the refreshed DZire is a clear winner. New DZire sports stylish new body coloured bumper, elegant headlamps with a black tinge, fog lamps bezel with chrome accents. Trendy high motion alloy wheels help to enhance the style quotient of the new Dzire, even further. Alp Blue is the character colour for new DZire.
Smart facts on DZire
- >Over 9.12L units sold in India
- >Amongst top three sellers in the Industry for last three years
- >India's bestselling entry sedan for last three years
- >Launched in Feb 2008
- >Full model change in Feb 2012
Cumulative sales milestones
- >100,000 units: Sep 09 (19 months)
- >200,000 units: Sep 10 (12 months)
- >300,000 units: Sep 11 (12 months)
- >500,000 units: Jan 13 (16 months)
- >700,000 units: Jan 14
- >900,000 units: Jan 15