Maruti Suzuki unveils the all new compact, powerful, highly fuel efficient Swift DZire
- Second new model in less than six months
- Shares the new Swift platform
- While optimizing the length, the compact sedan is wider, taller, has a larger wheel base
- Over 150 changes introduced
Invested over Rs.230 crores for new Swift DZire
- Complete makeover of interiors- plusher & upmarket
- Added an Automatic Transmission variant
Top speed of 160 km per hour
- On Board Diagnostic-2 compliant
- Improved acceleration, Power and
- TorquePetrol : powered by New K-12 M VVT engine
- Diesel : D13A Intercooler turbocharger DDiS engine
- Certified Fuel Efficiency
- Petrol: 19.1 kmpl (up by 6.7%)
- Diesel: 23.4 kmpl (up by 7.8%)
- Best-in-class acceleration
- Petrol: 0 to 100 kmph in 12.6 sec
- Diesel: 0 to 100 kmph in 14.8 sec
New Delhi, Feb 1, 2012: Car market leader Maruti Suzuki India Limited, unveiled its much awaited next generation all new compact sedan, Swift DZire, here today.
The new Swift DZire is wider, taller, has a larger wheel base and is yet compact as compared to the existing Swift DZire. The new Swift DZire is more fuel efficient by almost 7 per cent in Petrol and 8 per cent in Diesel.
Plush and upmarket cabin
- Multi-layered dash board with a waterfall console.
- Contemporary steering wheel design
- Premium beige and black coloured theme.
- Smart wooden, silver & chrome inserts.
- Larger body hugging front seats
- Scooped front seatback giving 20 mm more space and comfort to the rear passenger.
- Foldable assist grip with damper
- Handy cubby holes on door trims & front seat back pocket
- Tilt steering in all trims
- Steering mounted Audio Control
- Multi Information display in all variants
- High grade seat fabric & superior design
- New high end Double Din stereo (Z trim)
- New Mid variant stereo system (V trim)
- VFD Display with White characters
- Digital Tuner with DSP unit
6 speakers (tweeters) on Z trim
- Enhanced Sound quality
- Aux in/USB with iPod connectivity
- Auto speed based volume control ¿ 3 levels
- Six preset Equalizer feature
- Integrated stereo design
- Automatic climate control design
The Company along with its vendors has invested over Rs. 230 Crores towards this full model change for the new Swift DZire, This is over and above the Rs 550 Crores invested towards new Swift launched earlier in this fiscal.
At the launch, Shinzo Nakanishi, Managing Director and CEO, Maruti Suzuki India said, "This second new model in our portfolio within six months, demonstrates our faith and confidence in the Indian market. It is also an indicator of our ability to offer new models regularly in shorter time spans. Our engineers have brought in interesting modifications including an Automatic Transmission in the new Swift DZire to meet the aspirations of a young city family". Swift DZire is a category leader with over 39 per cent market share in the entry sedan segment. Clocking monthly sales of around 10,000 units, the company expects the new Swift DZire with the full model change to strengthen the entry sedan portfolio and sell much larger numbers. 32 young Maruti Suzuki engineers have smartly integrated over 150 changes on the new Swift DZire.
Smart Specs: The new Swift DZire measures 3995mm in length, has a width of 1695mm (+5mm)In addition, it has a height of 1555mm with a larger wheel base of 2430mm (+40mm) adding to the overall vehicle stability. For congested city driving conditions, the vehicle offers tighter turning radius of 4.8m and best in class ground clearance of 170mm. The optimized boot now measures 316 litres to meet all the needs of a family sedan.
Refreshed exteriors: The front fascia now sports a uniquely designed bumper and grill, carries Suzuki's characteristic U-Line
theme, powerful fog lamps, and character lines on bonnet. Other modifications on the exteriors include ORVM mounted turn signal indicators, characteristic vertical lamps, motion theme alloy wheels and a wrap around cabin wind screen. The rear looks sportier with rear positioned antenna, integrated spoiler and trapezoidal tail lamps. The strong shoulder line and U-line theme is carried from the front for visual continuity.
In built safety features
- Monocoque body with a stronger frame made of high tensile steel tougher & lighter
- Increased tensional rigidity in body
- Collapsible steering column & crumple zones
- Side impact beams on door and adjustable individual head restraints.
- Improved Braking with reduced
- Braking effort
- Font dual SRS airbags in top end variants
- New generation ABS ¿Lightest and Smallest in its category
- Active safety features include ELR seat belts, Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and Engine Drag Control system.
- Vehicle gets unlocked in case of an accident
- Auto unlock when key is removed ¿ now in V trim
- Car locator feature
- Better vehicle departure angle
|Higher fuel efficiency: The biggest delight is the enhanced fuel efficiency. The petrol variant offers fuel efficiency of 19.1 km per litre (6.7 per cent higher than the existing Swift DZire 17.9 kmpl). Similarly, the diesel variant returns a 7.8 per cent improved fuel efficiency of 23.4 kmpl (as compared to 21.7 kmpl than the existing Swift DZire). The new 4-speed Automatic Transmission on the VXi trim gives a fuel efficiency of over 17.4 kmpl. (As certified by test agency under Rule 115 of CMVR 1989) Peppy and powerful: The new Swift DZire assures high performance and driveability. Under the hood lies the all new K-12M VVT Petrol and D13A Intercooler turbocharger DDiS Diesel engine, mated to a 5-speed gear box. With improved power to weight ratio, by use of high tensile steel and lower co-efficient of drag, the K12M VVT petrol engine delivers peak power of 87 Ps @ 6000 rpm and peak torque of 114Nm @ 4000 rpm. The D13A DDiS intercooler turbocharger engine delivers a power of 75 Ps @ 4000 rpm and torque of 190 Nm @ 2000 rpm. |
Technology powerhouse: For enhanced performance, Maruti Suzuki engineers have married the finest technologies to the all new Swift DZire.
Quieter Lighter and Nimble:
- Refined Rally Based Suspension System that enhances the stability and handling precision chiefly while cornering.
- Detent pin technology' in the transmission for smoother gear shifts & precision driving
- OBD-2 compliant.
By employing effective sound dampeners and sealants along with the use of hydraulic engine mounting system, helps to bring down the cabin noise by a significant 3 decibel.
- The new Swift DZire a lighter and nimble car, by following kaizens;
- Increased use of high strength steel
High grade polymers on door trims, AC blowers and under bonnet components,
- Light-weight corrosion free six-layered polymeric fuel tank.
- Smallest and lightest integrated ABS unit
|Comfort & Convenience features |
- LCD info display
- 7 level of illumination control
- Trip meter, Temp display, Time display
- Instantaneous mileage display
- Better contrast display of warning lamps
- Average mileage display
- Low Fuel Warning Lamp
- Lane change indicator
- Keyless entry from mid trims
- Accessory Socket in all trims
- Light off buzzer in all trims
- Seat reminder in all trims
- Light off reminder in all trims
- Key off reminder in all trims
- Rear seat arm rest
- Foot Rest (dead pedal) in AT variant
- Convenience Hook in luggage area
Colour line up
|Pacific Blue (new) ||Glistening Grey (new) ||Bright Red ||Arctic White |
|Clear Beige ||Silky Silver ||Midnight Black || |
|Introductory Prices (Rs, ex showroom Delhi) |
|PETROL ||LXi ||VXi ||VXi AT ||ZXi |
|Price ||Rs 4.79 lakh ||Rs 5.32 lakh ||Rs 6.54 lakh ||Rs 6.19 lakh |
|DIESEL ||LDi ||VDi ||ZDi || |
|Price ||Rs 5.80 lakh ||Rs 6.31 lakh ||Rs 7.09 lakh || |
For more queries, please contact
Maruti Suzuki India Limited,
1, Nelson Mandela Road, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi