Indias favourite car Maruti Suzuki Alto crosses the 20 Lakh sales mark
- World largest selling small car for two consecutive years
- Second Maruti Suzuki brand to sell over 2 million . Maruti 800 was the first brand to sell over 2 million
- Maruti Suzuki Alto reached 2 million mark, faster: in just 11 years and 9 months.
- Superior fuel efficiency ,compact sleek design, make Alto the preferred car for first time buyer
- Fastest to sell 10 lakh units in the domestic market. Within 8 years and 2 months
- The next ten lakh units came much faster within three years and 6 months
New Delhi, June 15th, 2012: Riding high on its popularity as Maruti Suzukis highest selling model and Indias favorite car Alto, crossed the 20 lakh cumulative sales mark recently, just 11 years and 9 months after its launch. Maruti Suzuki Alto, has been the highest selling car, in the domestic market for the past 7 years. It has also been rated as the highest selling small car in the world, for the past two years. The power packed small car was also the fastest to clock 10 lakh sales within 8 years and 3 months of its launch in 2000. In June 2012, Alto broke its own record by clocking the next ten lakh units within a mere three years and six months.
|On the occasion, Mr. Mayank Pareek, Chief Operating Officer, (Marketing and Sales), said, Altos superior fuel efficiency, compact sleek design, good maneuverability and overall low cost of ownership are the attributes that make it the best car for the first time buyers. Alto as a complete package continues to win customers hearts and surprise everyone with its performance. |
Alto incidentally, became the only car brand in India to cross the 300,000 units sales mark in an year in 2010-11. Alto repeated this feat in 2011-12 again.
Alto is also the first Indian car to undergo and successfully pass a 24 hrs endurance test where it set 13 national records.
- Indias largest selling small car (domestic since 2005 -06).
- First car to cross cumulative 5 lakh domestic sales figure (in 6 years).
- The achievement of the next 5 lakh unit sales - in just 2 years and 2 months.
- First car brand in India to cross 3,00,000 unit sales mark domestic sale in a single financial year achievement FY2010-11 and again in 2011-12.
Awards & Accolades
- 2000: Winner of the Overdrive most exciting new car of the year¿
- 2001: BS Motoring Car of the year 2001
- 2002: Overdrive Car of the year 2002
- 2006: Winner of the EFFIE award for Boondein campaign First Indian car to undergo a 24 hrs endurance test and set 13 national records
- 2007: Winner of the EFFIE award for the `fuel efficiency campaign Topper of the JD Power IQS in its segment for 2 years i.e 2004 and 2005
- 2011: JD POWER APEAL.
|Alto range: Encouraged by the customer confidence in Alto, Maruti Suzuki has successfully extended the Alto brand by introducing a powerful K-Series engine in an Alto K-10 avatar in August 2010. |
At the same time Maruti Suzuki has also introduced a CNG variant of the Alto.
Superior Mileage: On road Alto offers an unmatched fuel efficiency of 19.7 kmpl and 20.2 kmpl for Alto K-10 variant. In addition, numerous mileage rallies across
the country have clearly established Alto as a winner with record mileage delivered to owners.
Compact Design: Customers across age groups have given Alto thumbs up for its compact exteriors, nimble handling, smaller turning radius and good on maneuverability, Alto offers a smooth drive in congested city conditions.
Alto bagged the 2011 JD Power APEAL award in the entry segment. JD Power APEAL measures cars on parameters such as vehicle exterior; vehicle interior; storage and space; audio/entertainment/navigation; seats; heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC); driving dynamics; engine/transmission; visibility and driving safety; and fuel economy.
Overall winning formula: The key attributes which make Alto a clear winner are its unmatched fuel efficiency, compact design, superior maneuverability and low running and maintenance costs.