| ||Maruti Suzuki financial results 2010-11 |
|New Delhi, April 25, 2011 |
|India's number one carmaker Maruti Suzuki India Limited today announced its financial results for the quarter ending March 31, 2011 and for the full year 2010-11. |
The Company registered Total Income (Net of Excise) of Rs. 102,121 million during January-March 2011, a growth of 19.19 per cent compared to Q4 2009-10. The growth in Total Income in Q4 over Q3 during the same year was 6.12 per cent.
Net Profit during January-March 2011 was Rs. 6,599 million a growth of 0.5 per cent over previous year. The growth in Net Profit in Q4 v/s Q3 2010-11 was 16.75 per cent.
The Board of Directors recommended a dividend of 150 per cent (Rs 7.50 per share of face value Rs. 5/-). The dividend in 2009-10 was 120 per cent.
Financial Year 2010-11
The Company's Total Income (Net of Excise) for the year 2010-11 was Rs. 375,224 million, a growth of 24.6 per cent over fiscal 2009-10.
The Company's Net Profit during the year stood at Rs. 22,886 million, a drop of 8.4 per cent over 2009-10.
The company's profit was impacted by adverse currency movement, particularly on exports, higher commodity prices and new model launches.
Key Highlights of 2010-11
- Total sales of 12,71,005 vehicles during fiscal 2010-11, a growth of 24.8 per cent over fiscal 2009-10 (10,18,365 units).
- Exported 1,38,266 units in the fiscal. This included 43 per cent to European countries.
- Sold 8,08,552 units in A2 segment, a growth of 27.7 per cent.
- In the A3 segment, company sold 1,31,272 units, reflecting a growth of 32.2 per cent.
- In the C segment, sales grew by 58.5 per cent touching 1,60,626 units.
- During the year, the company expanded its countrywide network:
|Number of ||31 March 2011 ||31 March 2010 ||Increase |
|Sales Outlets ||933 ||802 ||131 added |
|Cities covered by sales network ||666 ||555 ||111 added |
|Service Stations ||2946 ||2740 ||206 added |
|Cities covered by service network ||1395 ||1335 ||60 added |
|Maruti Driving Schools ||164 ||83 ||81 added |